Condor Watch Talk

Too many condors...

• inaspin by inaspin

Is there a way to see all of the bio information when there are large numbers of birds involved? e.g. I had one image with 18 in it and could only access the bios for 15 - the rest were "off the edge" even when the bottom slider was all the way to left or right

Posted

• yshish by yshish

Hi.

I have the same problem. The only thing that helps me is:

1.] to restore the window of my browser.

2.] to move it a bit into the side to be able to extend the width of the window and repeat it until the window is as much extended on the both sides as necessary.

Try to use the arrow keys to move the bios from the left to the right.

Hopefully it will helps to you too. Let me know please.

Zuzi

Posted

• inaspin by inaspin

Thanks Zuzi - opened the window left and right to full screen. Arrow keys didn't move anything (perhaps I'm doing it wrong - computer challenged).
    I've adopted a new tactic - doing all the ones that won't come up with a bio because the tags can't be read, the doing the readable ones. It seems that my screen can cope with info. to the right but not the left.

cheers, Jill

Posted

• wreness by wreness moderator

Hi you two! This got asked before somewhere and I think Zoo was going to be asked if they could fix that but I'm not sure if they can or are or were asked.

One thing you can do is reduce the magnification of your screen as much as you can, if it isn't already. I usually do the classifications on 125% (any more and the menu buttons get too hard to find quickly) so if I scroll it down tiny I think I can see 16 BIOs on the screen.

If this doesn't work any better, you can try this - the tags, as you mark them, appear on the BIO list from left to right. If there's a lot of birds, I figure I won't be able to see the first 2 tags on the screen, so I'll mark 2 that won't have a BIO (like a Black tag with XX number or XX no-color marked to show it's a tagged bird but I don't know any other info). Just fill in 2 or 3 spaces with these "junk" tags"

Then I'll mark the tags I can see clearly. After you're done with those, you can go back and finish with the rest of the tags you can't see well enough to get BIOS on.

Now when you're done, the tags that will have BIOS will be in the center of your screen and you will be able to click them.

Hope that helps! and thanks for all you do!

Posted

• yshish by yshish

@inaspin, I'm not sure, if my advice was clear enough. But the goal was to make the window with the bios bigger than your screen (only) to the sides as much as you need to have all the bios there. then you can get to the very left side.

Or try the other option what @wreness said. It won't let you get to the very left, but you won't need to get there anyway:)

Zuzi

Posted

• inaspin by inaspin

Thanks both - until I fathom another way, I'm going with trying to put the "known" tags in the centre. Most will fit; just a problem when there is a condor scrum!

Posted

• vjbakker by vjbakker scientist

I made the request again. Sorry -- I have experienced this as well.

Posted

• vjbakker by vjbakker scientist

The Zoo reported this morning "Just deployed a fix that should take care of this. If not, reopen the issue." Please report back next time someone gets one of those photos that's SRO with condors and let me know if the Bio display issue is fixed.

Posted

• yshish by yshish

Great, thank you!

Posted

• inaspin by inaspin

Excellent solution. Lets all be lucky enough to see so many condors that we fill the screen. Thanks.

Posted