Condor Watch Talk

'Incomplete data'

• Traceydix by Traceydix

I can't move on from an image because there is incomplete data. I'm told to look for red spots, but there aren't any. How do I get out of this?

Posted

• lazymuse by lazymuse

I'm getting this bug too.

Posted

• daishizukagmail.com by daishizukagmail.com scientist

Do you remember what you had marked it as? We had issues with this when marking carcasses early on, but I thought this bug got fixed.

Posted

• lazymuse by lazymuse

Not sure, because I don't see any red dots anywhere, only the regular white ones. But likely a raven.

Posted

• Traceydix by Traceydix

I had an image featuring only a coyote and what was left of a carcass. Both were marked with clear dots. All the dots have now disappeared, so I can at last move on. Hurray!!

Posted

• Sazzer by Sazzer

Have same problem. Can't move onto another image so am stuck in limbo! I am using an iPad which has actually been surprisingly ok until now. Guess this is an issue with incompatibility... Think red dot is probably outside of the photo as can't see it but may have clicked on the edge of the photo accidentally.

Posted

• Sazzer by Sazzer

Solved it by clicking on the ? To go through the training photo which cleared the bug. Hurrah!

Posted

• Traceydix by Traceydix

I use an iPad too, so could be incompatibility. I have no problems using it on the snapshot Serengeti site.

Posted

Hmmm. I can't reproduce this problem on my iPad. The possibility that the red dot is outside the photo when the edge of the photo is clicked is an interesting theory. If that happens again, we can report it as a bug and get it fixed.

Posted

• All41 by All41

I have had this problem 3 or 4 times on my desktop. Each time there is something bright red in the pic--like a very bloody carcass or the camera which prints the time stamp in red. Maybe the program gets confused by the color. I have to log out then log back in and it takes me back to the same pic but everything then works just fine.

Posted

Ok. I will start by reporting the "dots can be placed outside the photo" issue. And also mention the potential for red color confusion.

Posted

The site should now prevent instances of dots being placed outside the photograph. Hope this helps.

Posted