Condor Watch Talk

Subject: ACW00034ej

Subject ACW00034ej Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• brittanymitchell by brittanymitchell

ugggh it just keeps descending into a more disgusting mess...

Posted

• wreness by wreness moderator

Only 1 condor here so far as we watch this rot into jello. I think its actually a psychological experiment to see which of us puke first. 😛

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

😄

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I legitimately wonder what was so repulsive about this particular carcass that even most carrion birds stayed away...

Posted

Only a guess but bones are so huge its like an iron cage to get to the meat? Needs to fester more 😃 Been there since 1/26 😛

Posted

• vjbakker by vjbakker scientist

Esp in light of this article http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/vultures-use-acid-nasty-bacteria-to-digest-rotting-flesh-1.2849921.

Posted

Actually this is haunting many with each photo so ask a Scientist. If we have to look at it they have to look at it 😃 will post on board

Posted

I have heard the condors have definite preferences and dead calf is just sameold sameold, while dead deer is a treat

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I saw that same article, @vjbakker; it made me think instantly of this poor, sad carcass!

Posted

re: stomach acid that kills bacteria- TuVu projectile vomit 'at' things as defense mechanism so getting hit would be really xtra special 😛

Posted

Okay ya'll, I've sent out queries to the folks who provision these, asking what could be wrong with this absolutely delicious looking horse

Posted

• CatchATiger by CatchATiger

A gross, intellectual discussion with moderator-scientist- ZooTeam person about vomit-rotting carcass-bacteria. I love this site 😃

Posted

See the responses I got here: http://goo.gl/3qHuzK

Posted