Condor Watch Talk

Raven Record?

• Canmore1919 by Canmore1919

I think we have all seen our fair share of ravens. So, What is the current "Guiness world record" in one picture?

Posted

• Witgren by Witgren

I think I've counted 17 in one photo. Probably not a record, but it was a pretty good crowd.

Posted

• Veegee by Veegee

I had 18 I think it was at least once, maybe a few more, there are a lot of ravens 😉

Posted

• itsmestephanie by itsmestephanie

23 so far - http://talk.condorwatch.org/#/subjects/ACW00017c2

Posted

• wreness by wreness moderator

I just had a pic with 23 or 24 ravens in it (I forgot to grab the pic! good luck to whoever gets it next! 😛) ..there was a bunch that I couldn't quite untangle but geez! You know that poem about "4 and 20 black birds baked in a pie"? Well, I have that stuck in my head now, and it's not funny. 😃 I wonder if they taste like chicken.

(Edit/add: ok, I actually had to go look this up. "What do ravens/crows taste like? "They are very lean, dark meat and taste much like mallard duck only without the grease." To which I say "ew". Now you don't have to lay awake all night wondering! )

Posted

• wreness by wreness moderator

Pulled this from the posts: new record! miltonbosch with 36 of the things

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

36 ! That deserves a medal ! 😄

Posted

• BirdGrrl by BirdGrrl scientist in response to ElisabethB's comment.

that's tough! 36 is a lot of clicking.

Posted

• stonepenny by stonepenny

I reckon it takes 5 clicks/raven, (screen pic/ID 'raven' from list/done/distance from/done) so that's... 180 clicks, just for the ravens!!! Medal time! I hope I don't get that pic... the most I think I've had so far was 25-30. Sometimes, they're in such a huddle, you'd need several clicks on top of each other! And wreness - 'I just can't get you out of my head' is the song for you lol

Posted

• mboschmd by mboschmd

When I saw that image, I let out a LOUD groan.... moderator wreness looked up the proper way to describe a large gathering of Ravens. For Crows, it's a Murder of Crows. I thought that would be perfect for this image of 36 Ravens...but wreness found there were three proper ways to describe a gathering of Ravens, the best of which is, an Unkindness of Ravens!
    Perfect for this image, with 180 clicks to complete it! 😄

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

After the recent changes, there are 'only' 3 clicks per raven, so only 108 clicks for this image. Still feels very unkind ! 😄

Posted