Condor Watch Talk

Glitch?

• Jacksons-1 by Jacksons-1

After completing this photo, all the untagged Condors came up as 112 as bio's, even though no bio was given. The two that could be id'd from their tags were fine.

Any ideas?

Posted

• wreness by wreness moderator

Sounds like a glitch alright! I will forward it onward to the Smart People and have them take a look at it. The coding within the photo might be goofy ("goofy" being the scientific term 😄) Thanks for reporting it!

Posted

Goofy is a very scientific term! We noticed it happening on most photos. I did post another photo to the tech post. Ah, computers.

Posted

• wreness by wreness moderator

......Don't get me started. Yes 😄 and thank you !

Posted

• myraf by myraf scientist

Hi Jackson's and wreness,
    thanks for pointing this out! The programming wizards just did some fixes to the tag to bio database/program today and it looks like this is an unintended side effect. We have passed this new issue to the Zooniverse team and hopefully it will be resolved quickly. Thank you for your help and work on Condor Watch!

Posted

• vjbakker by vjbakker scientist

Zooniverse made some updates today that likely precipitated this (but hopefully fixed the other misID problems?? -- that was the intent of the updates) . 112 is the first Central CA bird on the list and 21 is the first SoCal bird on the list, so the ID assignments apparently default to those now in the absence of tag info. We'll try to get this fixed soon. Thanks for the info!!

Posted

• vjbakker by vjbakker scientist

This issue is reportedly fixed now, and I'm feeling guardedly optimistic. Always a good way to start the day. But do let me know if you discover any other tag issues.

Posted

Glad to hear you are all on it, what a huge undertaking!!

Posted