Condor Watch Talk

Leaderboards! Celebrating our most dedicated citizen scientists!

• hirundocosa by hirundocosa scientist

Hi all,

This is Matt Wilkins, the new Condor Watch team member, tasked with helping recognize current citizen science efforts and encourage new participants to start tagging photos to help condor research. In this discussion thread, I'll post periodic updates to the current leaderboard, and perhaps some other user stats. Please check in and feel free to post, congratulate, (gently) heckle, or whatever.

Thanks for all your hard work! More from me soon.

Cheers,
    Matt

ps--you can learn more about me on my website

Posted

Here's Condor Watch's first ever Leaderboard!

enter image description here

Posted

And the first leaderboard of the new year! No movement among our best of All Time, but Condor Watch team member Dai Shizuka moves up to the Best of 2016 list with a December push. Don't forget to sign in to get recognized on the board!

Condor Watch Leaderboard Jan 1-14, 2017

Posted

• wreness by wreness moderator

Hi Matt!

These stats, sad to say, aren't completely accurate. We've had a few hiccups and glitches on the site in the past which caused members' stats to not update and I believe recent updates to Zoo's interface wiped out past stats, and reset some. Recently, members who had a space in their name were told they had to make new names with no spaces and I believe those "space names" were totally removed from Zoo/Stats and so aren't even recorded any more.

There's a lady here named mapat who did every and all photos in the first release and literally ran out of photos to do - she classified over 120,000. I have done over 40,000.

Many of the people on the "All Time" board were here the first year or so and were very dedicated and faithful workers who were instrumental in helping get this area going. They are long gone, either having left (with explanation) or not being seen for a very long time. I know of 2 names who have done a lot here and don't see them listed.

ANON users are those that come to Zoo as guests and don't register. Sometimes, if people use Ad blockers or block cookies, this causes their numbers to be affected, too. People may have several names, or classify at times and not sign in but have accounts. I probably did 70 photos in the 2 week period but didn't sign in, being on my pain-in-the-arse tablet, but also did some and signed in. So stats aren't always 100% accurate, was my point.

Possibly you'll get some feedback from people about posting the stats. Thanks for the work putting them up!

Posted

Yep, I'm aware of all of these issues. All in all, this may not be 100% accurate, for the reasons you listed, but it's close. Moreover, it does recognize the biggest contributors, such as yourself, which is the goal. Thanks to all our citizen scientists for pitching in! (Especially those listed on multiple top 20s--who have a sustained contribution to this project)!

Posted

And here's the next leaderboard! Mapat, Aegypius & JulieLinn pick up the top 3 spots for the fortnight! Thanks to everybody who's listed, and those who are not!! And, as Wreness pointed out, make sure to sign into your account when tagging to get recognized for your efforts.

Cheers!
    Matt

Leaderboard 3

Posted

Biweekly leaderboard is up! Wow, @mapat, continues her massive productivity! Thanks so much to @Aegypius, @DonnaNoble888, @JulieLinn, @AnderElessedil, and all of our citizen scientists who continue to keep the project moving forward! Cheers to you!

Posted

Mapat continues to dominate, but our biweekly competition is heating up! Jacquelinedavis & Aegypius are following close behind, and 20th place has gone up from 14 to 26 tags since our last leaderboard! Thanks to all our dedicated citizen scientists--keep raising the bar! #leadfreecondors

leaderboard #6

Posted

Thanks to our amazing #citsci volunteers! Here's the new leaderboard! And congrats to Top20 rookies: MischiefBirds, Shahendagazar, EvaBianca & AnneSmith12345. Tag photos to help us understand how condor social dynamics affect lead poisoning risk.

Posted