Condor Watch Talk

who's your favorite?

• mapat by mapat

I have a special liking for black 47. In most of the pictures I've viewed, she is almost always off by herself. When feeding, she has been alone or with just one or two others, only once or twice have I seen her mixed in closely with others. (Guess it's my own loner status that makes me connect to her)
    I also like 90 Red, just so big and majestic.

Perhaps you could list your favorite and things you notice about that particular bird. You may notice things that others might miss, simply because you are paying just a bit more attention to that one or two birds.

Posted

• wreness by wreness moderator

My favorite is Black47 underline, too!

When I first started classifying photos here I noticed she would hang off to the edges with her friends "the Underlines" -

Black34, (born 5/18/2009 - released 10/12/2010). . .

Black43 (born 5/29/2009. . released 10/12/2010)

Black47 (born 6/5/2009 released 11/16/2010)

Black25 ( 5/4/2009 released 11/22/2010)

Birds that are tagged and released in the same time frame are called "Cohorts" - Pals for life!

They were so young and sweet looking and seemed polite and patient, the way they just waited their turn. (All traits I lack 😃) Black47 was always often laying on the hill by the pine tree being a Floof Muffin and was playful with the older birds. She seems to be growing up "well" and gracefully getting the hang of things. A good role model 😃

Posted

• brittanymitchell by brittanymitchell

I'll give a vote for black47 too! Those 4 juveniles are probably my favourite group, always hanging out together, I call them the juvenile's gang 😛

I also have to give credit to orange21, just cause of all he's contributed to the cause, being the patriarch of the condors and one of only 22 that were living in 1987.

I also like black40 3 dots, just because he tries to be a big showoff but he's a softie 😛

Posted