Condor Watch Talk

Live condor cam - with egg!

• wreness by wreness moderator

Found this, didn't know if you'd be interested! Kind of a different view from looking at condors eating guts and entrails here.

San Diego Zoo Live Condor Cam: She has an egg and is sitting on it as I type. Kind of cute if she wasn't so ugly. Egg is in corner, she's cuddled up with her head resting in the corner. I can't imagine how ugly that baby is going to be 😃

San Diego Zoo California Condor Nest live cam

Posted

• zekazoo by zekazoo scientist

Awesome find! And thanks for sharing.

So ugly they are beautiful 😉

Posted

• wreness by wreness moderator

Condor still sitting on her egg...camera angle inside compound has been changed to look down on condor and egg at a better angle and also at times shows her fantastic, amazing, HUGE enclosure at the zoo. I wish MY house was so cool! Condor is tagged Yellow 35 --- can one of our Scientists find the info on this bird? There is a loose feather on the sand floor of her nesting area I would desperately love to have :x It's kind of funny, seeing one of these birds flopped in a corner brooding an egg so tenderly, being so patient, when all I've seen of them so far are burning red eyes leaning over a dead carcass, eating guts 😃

The Momma To Be

Life span:
    Up to 60 years

Number of eggs laid: 1

Incubation period:
    52 to 54 days

Age of maturity:
    5 to 6 years

Size:
    3.5 to 4.6 feet (1.1 to 1.4 meters) long

Wingspan:
    8.2 to 9.7 feet (2.5 to 3 meters)

Weight:
    16 to 25 pounds (7 to 11 kilograms)

Size of egg: Averages 4.3 x 2.6 inches (109 x 66 millimeters) and 9.4 ounces (267 grams)

Posted

• Golden_Slippers by Golden_Slippers

Looooooooooooooooooooove this cam!

Posted