Condor Watch Talk

Dead Condors

• Veegee by Veegee

I have managed to find two past dead Condors... your welcome 😃 I guess the numbers I could see were
    not clear enough, or, the colors were not showing true on the tags because in two cases the bios told me
    the bird I identified was dead by a couple years.
    Or, maybe they are alive now due to it being Easter lol

Posted

• zekazoo by zekazoo scientist

@Veegee. Some birds will be identified as deceased at present but were alive at the time the image was taken. The past two years have been tough on the wild condor population, with many individuals experiencing lead poisoning. Did you see if the date on your photos was before the date of death? If it wasn't, we may have an Easter miracle or a bug in this system. 😃

Posted

• Veegee by Veegee

no, I just recently noticed some of the photo dates are older, maybe a couple years old. But it also could be the color of the tags too, hard to tell in some photos, by the angle of the tag, or the type of light hitting it, if it is that light green, yellow or white color, and sometimes the blue looks black and vice versa. So, it could be that too. Interesting project! Too many ravens lol

Posted

• stonepenny by stonepenny

Veegee, I hope this helps - there's only one green tag - there's a scavenger hunt for it! Also, I put the Gallery of Wing Tags up in another tab, so I can flick to it at any time for comparisons. 😃

Posted