Condor Watch Talk

• Canmore1919 by Canmore1919

I don't know if others are having log in problems but when using my iPad (with iOS8) and the default safari browser, I can not login to the CW site. I continually get an invalid log-in password msg. When using my iPad, I am forced to use a work around that is not stable. When using my laptop MacBook Pro and Firefox, and the same password, I can log in but it is painfully slow to ID & tag the pics.
    I prefer to use my iPad because it is quick and very easy to ID pictures. Not sure what can be done but wanted to let you all know. ...stefan

Posted

• wreness by wreness moderator

I sent some notes out to a few (Stefan included 😃 thanks for starting this post) .. Inaspin also reported having this Log In issue (using Chrome) and I've had it for about a week as well. I'm on a PC and use Chrome but have also tried IE.

It will say "Can't log in right now; log in page unavailable" If I keep at it, eventually I'll be able to sign in. Loading the photos is slow - that little spinning bunch of dots spins and spins. (hows that for tech-speak?😃)

This is using the www. condorwatch.org page.

I don't know if it'd help to log in using the main zooniverse page.

Posted

• myraf by myraf scientist

Wreness - do you have a sense/summary for when/why this happens and i can send out to the Zoo tech support.
    thanks!
    Myra

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

The team is aware of the login problems, and we have a developer working on it. Issues have been reported on at least one other Zooniverse project, too (Galaxy Zoo).

We're working on it and I'll try to give regular progress reports!

If you can in any way replicate the problem (figure out when it happens and when it doesn't), that's always especially helpful. 😃

Posted

• myraf by myraf scientist

Thanks DZM! It is so great to have you on the boards!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Update: this may or may not be fixed. If anyone has any additional problems logging in, please report them here ASAP.

Thank you!

Posted

• wreness by wreness moderator in response to DZM's comment.

Thanks much ! Will post if if anyone has any more issues. I'll ask in a few days!

Posted

• inaspin by inaspin

Hello - I'm in the middle of nowhere with a decent connection and:-
    Logged in on the Zooniverse page; clicked on condorwatch: got the header and that's all. Went to Talk, checked a few things out, clicked return to classifying: got the heading again! No images at all. Round and round we go. I'm using an android tablet.... or not.
    Saw a great roadside sign - Cattle txting - we have some wags in this part of the world who go about with textas specially to alter signs - you should see what happens to the kangaroo's ahead signs! Thanks for listening all the best to DZM

Posted

• CatchATiger by CatchATiger

Hi. I have been getting that Log In error, too, but didn't today. I did get an error along the line of what inaspin is reporting
    (who is speaking Australian I see!)

After commenting on a photo, then going back to classify, I got a white page with the header. It sat and sat, so I refreshed the page several times to no avail.

I tried to go to the discussion boards and then back to Recent but it just stayed white and blank. I had to close the site down and log in again.

I'm on a Win 7 lap top using IE 11. I had been using Chrome but it was loading the photos slow so I switched to IE. Thanks

Posted

• rowena71 by rowena71

I'm getting the same problem as inaspin on a laptop: heading only and no classifying images. In Aus too.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Alright, let me get all of that to the attention of a dev. Thank you!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Okay, this should be fixed!

It looks like when we updated the library to fix the issue with repeat classifications, something broke in the classification interface. The developers say it's fixed now. 😃

Please let me know if you have any more issues; thank you!

Posted

• inaspin by inaspin

Thank you DZM - seems to be fixed now.

Posted

• Canmore1919 by Canmore1919

Just a quick update. I've had numerous recent log out and log-ins over last several days, everything seems to be running smoothly again from my perspective. A big thank you to DZM and the dev team for working their magic!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

That's great to hear! Thank you!!

Posted

• mosaic_world by mosaic_world

Yesterday or early this morning I was having login issues. I think it was about 3:30a PDT time. This affected the condor watch, penguin watch, and plankton portal sites. But this morning it appears fixed (8:20a PDT).
    I am using a Mac iOS 10.10.3 with Chrome 43.0.
    The login form came up but after I tried to log in, there was an info message that login was unavailable.

Posted