Condor Watch Talk

Bio's listed even when not identified

• Jacksons-1 by Jacksons-1

Today, after identifying Condors, but not tags, they are coming up with random bio's after completion. The bio shows a question mark, but if I click on that, it shows a Condor and it's history. The bio's aren't blank.

Posted

• wreness by wreness moderator

If you find this again please put the URL of the photo into a post so we can check.

If you're just putting down that it is a condor, but it's returning a full bio, then it's a glitch of some sort but the photo is part of the coding that could cause this. 😃

Posted

• myraf by myraf scientist

HI All,
    I think I responded to another thread on this but yes, seems like a glitch that happened when some other fixes were begin done to the tag to bio code today. We have altered the programmers so hopefully this will be resolved quickly. The good news is that the data we are getting is recording what you entered (so a condor with no ID visible) so this glitch will not impact the data quality. Thanks for pointing this out!

Posted

• Veegee by Veegee

Oh good, I just left a photo post on this subject, seems all my condors had a bio and number even if they didn't have tags, the heading said something like "these are which condors we feel are in the photo based on the information you provided" and the tag places have ? in them but "bio" underneath, and if you click on them they have the full bio of a numbered bird. Freaked me out lol

Posted

• myraf by myraf scientist

Hi Veegee,
    we have just been told this new bug has been fixed. So let us know if you are still seeing this issue. Thank you!

Posted