Condor Watch Talk

Write-a-comment button placement

• Canmore1919 by Canmore1919

Usually it is easy to comment on a picture but when I run in across a pic with approx 12 or more condors then I can no longer access the write a comment button. I am using an iPad and no matter how much screen resizing is attempted, I can not find/reach the comment button on the left . No problems with the next picture button. Any solutions? ...anyone else have this problem or am I just missing something?
    BTW, many thanks for the new raven button update-it saves many key strokes and is a sanity preserver! Keep up the great work, I know it is a continual work in progress.

Posted

• yshish by yshish

hm, i'm not working on ipod like you, but on laptop with pretty small display, in cases with many condors i have to move the screen slowly to the very right and search for the comment button. it's always there.

Posted

• myraf by myraf scientist

Canmore1919, let us now if yshish's suggestion (thanks yshish!) doesn't work and I will ask the programmers if they have any thoughts.
    thanks for your help with Condor Watch and I am glad you like the new raven update!

Posted

• Canmore1919 by Canmore1919

Thx yshish & myraf but sadly when using an iPad, I can't scroll far enough to left to find the talk button when there are over 12 condors that have been ID'd. When I use my MacBook Pro I have no problems, I can easily scroll to either side with relative ease.

Posted

• yshish by yshish in response to Canmore1919's comment.

to the left? but the button appears on the right side. (or maybe there's a problem with ipads?)

Posted

• myraf by myraf scientist

Let me ask the wizzards at Zooniverse. They might have an answer for you and it might be an issue with the interface they can fix. Stay tuned.

Posted

• wreness by wreness moderator

HI Canmore.😃

I don't have an iPad (or an iAnything...I need to find a Sugar Daddy first 😛) but it's not just an iPad issue. I'm on a desktop and I think I can get up to 16 condors (if I reduce my screen magnification down to 25%!); otherwise the line of Bios stretches too far across the screen to get to the "comment" button, as you're saying. In that case I can barely make it over to the "next image" button.

I found a Work - Around for this that might help you if you get a pic with a ton of condors in it and see you're going to go over the limit where you'll be able to access the "Talk about this image" button.

The birds that you mark first are the BIOS that are placed nearest to the "do you want to talk about this image" button. So, mark all the tagged condors first - first the ones with the 100% visible tag info, then the other tagged condors. If you feel something really needs to be commented on or reported, then mark as many more condors as you can before you lose your "discuss", then stop. If you see no issues, keep going and finish.

This way at least the tag info gets recorded for the tagged birds and the tag issue you're seeing is recorded. It'll be great if the interface can break it into rows.

Let me know if this helps

Posted